Archive for 02/20/2011
Yes I’m talking about you! 🙂 You are the reason I blog, and take
secret random pics of some of the foods I enjoy to eat. Today was another beautiful day in the MIA and a certain 2 bloggers made it all the better.
I am beyond appreciative for having been awarded the Versatile Blogger award from Sophia and Colleen, both whose blogs I follow religiously everyday. It’s not easy to blog about your life but since I’ve started doing this, I feel this great friendship where we can all be ourselves. In my city no one (other than my bf) eats the way I do. No one appreciates oatmeal, greek yogurt, fruits, and veggies the way that we do. I don’t have that support system back home and constantly get harsh comments on why I eat certain foods, so to have others say that my bowl of oats looks delicious means a lot. Thank you guys for being a positive influence in my life.
Here are the rules for this award:
- Write a post like this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog
- Tell your readers seven facts about you
- Award recently discovered bloggers with the prize.
- Contact the winners.
So let’s start 🙂
1) I danced ballet for 15 years of my life and if it’s taught me one thing is to be passionate about something. This was my anxiety outlet from school, life, and all those teenage problems that I constantly worried about. I graduated in 2008 and it was definitely one of my proudest moments.
3) I am a creature of habit which means that I do NOT like change. This is something I’m trying to work on but it really hasn’t been easy. I like a routine so if you stray me too far then I start to panic 😦
4) College wasn’t the best 4 years of my life. I didn’t go to any frat parties, I didn’t join a sorority, I didn’t make tons of new friends. I went to school, then back home, did my homework, and went to sleep. My friends were and still are my high school friends.
5) Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I go to bed planning what my morning indulgence is going to be. Not many options but always between: cereal, hot oats, cold oats, or waffles. Oats seem to consistently win this battle.
6) Lose It is my favorite app of all time. I track my calories everyday and I can’t live without it. I love knowing what I eat and how much of it I eat. Not many people do this because they find it tedious but I literally enjoy it. It’s not a waste of my time and I actually think it’s fun 😮 GASP!
7) I live to weight train. I want to be strong not thin, I want to have muscles, not be “toned”, and I want to be healthy. I thank my boyfriend for changing my unhealthy eating habits of low fat foods, low carb diets, and for introducing peanut butter and oatmeal into my life. The over processed garbage that I was eating soon had me with a diagnosis of high cholesterol. I neglected what my body needed and never saw myself as being too thin. I enjoy food and I eat to train. My newest gym obsession? Deadlifts 😉
Thanks Colleen and Sophia for giving me such an awesome award! The 3 great bloggers that I will pass this award down to are:
Anything random fact you’d like to share? 😀